Artwork Entry Submission
- Entries for consideration for hanging or display at the 2019 Mount View Art Show will be accepted from 6 May until 19 July. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Artists whose artworks are accepted for hanging or display will be notified no later than 29 July.
- Only entries made through the designated online entry system will be considered. Works accompanied by an image are more likely to be accepted.
- By submitting your works through our online process, you enter into an agreement with Mount View Art Show (Mount View Primary School), hereafter referred to as “the Organisers”, and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- If a painting that has been submitted online is sold by the artist prior to acceptance, a substitute painting may be submitted in its place. No penalty or additional fee will apply.
- Last date for entry changes is 19 July.
Submission and Acceptance Fees
- Submission and entry fees will be waived for guest artists. Guest artists must notify Angela Pulbrook or Christabelle Toohey, via our contact us form, with the name of their donated artwork and a reserve price.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $15.00 per artwork (including GST) will apply, irrespective of the size of the artwork.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable acceptance fee of $10.00 per artwork (including GST) will apply.
- Each entrant will receive an invoice with payment details and all entry fees must be paid before the receiving day (see Delivery Guidelines below).
Commission and Payment
- Mount View Primary School deducts 25% commission on any artwork sold.
- For donated artworks, 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go directly to Mount View Primary School.
- GST declaration - for taxation purposes, artists are required to supply an ABN or complete the declaration stating that they are a hobby artist and do not earn over $10,000 pa from their art. Without either of these, the Government requires that 48.5% of payments due to artists be withheld.
- Exhibiting artists must be over the age of 16 years.
- No work previously exhibited at the MountView Art Show shall be entered.
- Each artwork must be available for sale. Artists must determine the price and include that price on the entry form which will then be shown as the catalogue price. The catalogue price is an authority to the Organisers to display and sell the artwork at that price. The Organisers’ commission remains based on the catalogue price.
- Alterations to the catalogue price must be requested in writing to the Organisers.
- Donated artworks - donated artworks provide a 100% contribution to the School and are gratefully accepted. A selection of donated artworks will be auctioned in the Main Auction. Additional donated artwork may be sold in the Silent Auction or in the Exhibition at a price nominated by the artist and will be clearly marked as donated artwork. It is the responsibility of guest artists to nominate a reserve price and “valued at” price to assist with sales. The stated reserve price will be presented as the starting bid for items offered in the Silent Auction.
- Only one artwork of greater than 1 sq.m (including frame) will be accepted due to limited hanging space. This excludes donated artwork.
- Any number of paintings may be submitted for consideration for hanging or display, however a maximum of 3 works may be accepted (excluding donated artworks)
- The Organisers cannot guarantee that all 3 exhibition artworks will be hung as this is subject to available space. Acceptance fees will be refunded if accepted artworks are not hung due to space limitations.
- Artists are invited to enter 1 of their 3 artworks in the 30 x 30 exhibition.
- Pairs (diptych) or trios (triptych) will be accepted as one entry for one entry fee, however the total square area of both or all three works must fall within the limit prescribed at Item 19 above (1 sq.m). The works will be hung together and sold as one item for the price quoted on the entry form.
- Non-original artworks (copy or reproduction) will not be accepted.
- Each work submitted must be suitably framed or professionally presented and submitted with self-tapping screws or other flush hangers or substantial hanging wire. The staple heads on edges of stretched canvasses are to be professionally finished off and covered (tapes or battens). Any works delivered NOT meeting these criteria may not be accepted and submission and acceptance fees will be not refunded.
- The Organisers reserve the right to reject any artwork. Any works that are inadequately framed, with inadequate means of hanging, damaged on arrival, oversize, of an inappropriate or pornographic nature (as so judged by selection panel), or wet paintings (as so judged by selection panel), will not be accepted. As this is a community event, works deemed to be offensive by the Organisers will not be hung. The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any work at any time from the exhibition.
- Artworks that are not accompanied by an image when entries are closed may not be accepted. The selection panel will, at their total discretion, decide whether to accept the entered work for hanging if it is not accompanied by an image. We understand some artists may not have finished their artwork prior to the closing of acceptance. If entry is accepted, we will accept images up to 17 Aug.
- Each work must have attached to the back of it an artwork label which will be supplied.
- The Selection Panel who are appointed by the Organisers will consider all submitted artworks. The Selection Panel’s decision shall be final.
- The Organisers reserve the right not to accept an entry where no GST information is provided (see Item 13 above), or where incomplete information is given.
- All artworks, excluding totem poles and heavy sculptures, must be delivered to Mount View Primary School, Shepherd Rd, Glen Waverley, 3150 VIC , click here for key dates
- If artists are unable to deliver at the above times, artworks may be delivered (with prior arrangement) to the School Office during school hours - phone 0430959778. Artworks will be stored at artist’s own risk.
- A receipt will be issued for the items delivered and must be presented upon collection of any unsold artwork.
- If you are planning to nominate someone else to collect any unsold artwork, please notify a Committee member at the time of delivery so this arrangement can be noted. No responsibility can be taken for uncollected paintings.
- Works must be delivered free of all charges. No payments whatsoever will be made by the Organisers for freight or other charges incurred in delivery or return of artworks if unsold.
- The Organisers will exercise all reasonable care in handling accepted artworks, but will not be responsible for the loss of or any damage to any works while in the custody of the Organisers. Insurance against damage, fire and theft on individual works whilst in the Organiser's custody or in transit is the artist’s responsibility.
During the Art Show
- Commencing from the delivery of artworks and until the conclusion of the MountView Art Show, artworks will remain on display, whether sold or not. Artworks must not be removed from display (by artists or buyers) until 4pm on Sunday 25 Aug.
- Entrants sighting red stickers on the artwork identification card may check at the sales desk to confirm that the artwork is sold. No responsibility can be accepted in respect of errors in affixing coloured markers.
Prizes and Awards
- All accepted artworks will be considered for judging for prizes and awards. Each artwork is only eligible to win only one award category.
- The Organisers’ and Judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The artist appoints the Organisers as his or her agents for all purposes associated with the exhibition and auction and agrees to allow the Organisers to offer all paintings for sale to the public at the price stated by the artist on the entry form.
- Artists must complete the GST declaration as part of the online entry process (refer Item 13). Any applicable GST on the sale of a painting is the artist's responsibility. All marked prices are to be inclusive of any GST where applicable.
- Artists will be paid for sold artworks, excluding the 25% commission fee, within 21 days of the closure of the event.
- In the event of a dispute arising regarding the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the matter will be referred to the Principal, Mount View Primary School and the decision of the Principal will be final and binding on all parties.